BareActs At Fevton » Bare Acts » JJA » Contribution by parents

Contribution by parents

You Are Our Strength

Section:-60 / JJA

Chapter:- Chapter V

The competent authority which makes an order for sending a juvenile or the child to a children’s home or to a special home or placing the juvenile under the care of a fit person or fit institution may make an order requiring the parent or other person liable to maintain the juvenile or the child to contribute to his maintenance, if able to do so, in the prescribed manner according to income.
The competent authority may direct, if necessary, the payment to be made to poor parent or guardian by the Superintendent or the Project Manager of the home to pay such expenses for the journey of the inmate or parent or guardian or both, from the home to his ordinary place of residence at the time of sending the juvenile as may be prescribed.